Half of the fun of going to fights are the entrances of some of our favorite fighters. The Melee Mixtape is a collection of the songs and themes that our favorite local and regional fighters use to get the crowd, and themselves, hyped up for the battle to come. Our first installment is Pinnacle FC’s “Pittsburgh Challenge Series 10”.
By Albert Cameron – One of the things that MMA has adopted from it’s cousin, professional wrestling, is the ceremony of coming to the cage. More often than not, there are high octane songs playing. Those songs have the dual purpose of getting the fighter jazzed and ready to go, but also to get the crowd and the fans ready to cheer their lungs out. At our last outing for Pinnacle FC, we collected the songs that fighters came out to, to share with you.
Without further adieu, here are the anthems that rang through the Icoplex in Canonsburg, PA for Pinnacle FC: Pittsburgh Challenge Series 10.
- Andy Anderson – “Stranglehold” by Ted Nugent
- Aaron Finch – “Centuries” by Fall Out Boy
- Brock McClelland – “Superbeast” – Rob Zombie
- Ian Jackson – “Run Boy Run” – Woodkid
- Jason Alexander – “Work Hard, Play Hard” – Wiz Khalifa
- Cortland Woodard – “Wasn’t Me” – Shaggy
- Josh Fremd – “Hail Mary [Rock Remix] Feat. Outlawz” – 2Pac
- John Saxton – ***Music Unavailable***
- Treg Wells – “The Boss” – James Brown
- Chris Humes-Mitchell – ***Music Unavailable***
- Chris Brooks – “All of the Lights (Remix)” – 50 Caliber
- Jesse Murray – “Pump Up the Jam” – Technotronic
- Dann Cucuta – “Go In” – Base Bronson
- Tim Goodwin – “Til I Collapse” – Eminem
- Dominic Mazzotta – “I’m Bad” – LL Cool J
- Darby Halferty – “The Outsiders” – Eric Church
- Mark Cherico – “Turn the Page” – Metallica
There you have it; now we all have the ability to make a rockin’ playlist that we can all remember Pinnacle FC: Pittsburgh Challenge Series 10 by. Stay tuned for the next Melee Mixtape and we’ll see you at the next Pinnacle FC event.