Cage Nation TV was founded in 2013 by Albert Cameron, Drew Shannon, and Mike Kessling after the immediate demise of their TV show “The MMA Rundown.” After the Rundown was cancelled, both were left with the desire and ability to produce media content for the world of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) and set out to do just that. Cage Nation TV was built and founded on a budget of zero, bootstrapping their resources, and creating a product of passion. The first episodes were filmed in front of a black backdrop in Albert’s living room, and edited with software that’s preloaded into every general computer that you can by. Cage Nation TV’s growth is directly credited and attributed to the MMA community allowing Cage Nation TV to exist in the same realm that they do. Without cooperating promoters, fighters, coaches, athletes, and fans, Cage Nation TV would just be a bunch of talking heads without an audience.
One of Cage Nation TV’s most important changes was the addition of founding father Rob Lynn to our roster of personalities. Rob is one of Central Pennsylvania’s best sports photographers, a black belt in Judo, and an incredible wealth of knowledge in his own right. Rob’s addition to the team, without a solitary doubt, took Cage Nation TV to the next level.
To date Cage Nation TV has covered events in four states and thirteen cities along the Eastern Seaboard; Cage Nation TV also prides itself on the Cage Nation TV, Cage Nation: South, and Prizefight Podcast programs. We’ve interviewed the best regional fighters in those areas, and legends such as “The World’s Most Dangerous Man” Ken Shamrock, Dan “The Beast” Severn, and “The Predator” Don Frye.
A ladder is not meant to be stood on, and Cage Nation TV will continue to grow as long as the opportunities in the world of combat sports exist. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for the love and support.
Cage Nation TV was founded with the sole intent and mission of providing and producing media content to draw attention to, and for the advancement of, the sport of Mixed Martial Arts. In those pursuits, we will maintain the values of truth, impartiality, and fairness.
Cage Nation TV was built on minimal resources, we owe it to those humble beginnings to maximize the most out of every effort; to reach for and capture each opportunity. Cage Nation TV is a community that was never designed to be resolved to one area; we are all inclusive of each event of combat, regardless of personal involvement or affiliation. Each region of the country and globe is welcome to contribute their involvement to the Cage Nation TV product, to represent our network of fight fans and talents should they deem themselves trustworthy and to our standards.
Ultimately, the work of Cage Nation TV is to educate and entertain the masses, to encourage and facilitate the mainstream embrace of MMA to the public at large. As the sport grows, so shall we, to continue contributing to the awareness of the sport of MMA.
Cage Nation TV holds a set of values evident as we go out into the world to conduct our work. Those values are:
- Impartiality – There are two sides to every story, and one side cannot be considered the entire truth alone. We may not be able to get a comment from each side of an event, but we can consider their perspective and make the honest efforts to obtain statements from them.
- Fairness – We believe that every person we come into contact with has righteous intentions in their life and business. We will not condemn any man, woman, or business based on the trial of public opinion, but by the researchable facts that are given to prove position.
- Humility – We would not exist without fighters, promoters, and fight fans allowing us to exist within their universe. Our sole purpose of existence is to report and comment on their activity, not to promote the existence of ours.
- Respect – We are the guests of promoters and fighters, whether it at events or the privilege to speak with them on record. No disrespect will ever be offered or entertained. A differing opinion can be offered and discussed without the need of seeking conflict.
- Growth – We are building a network of regional fight circuits and want to attract the talent to present and report of the fights and occurrences of the fights in their area. We want flags in each city of the country and then some.
The vision and goal is simple: a Cage Nation TV flag in each city and state, globally if we are able. Cage Nation TV was built with Altoona, PA in mind, then we were able to step foot into Pittsburgh, PA. The next thing you know, we’re in Cleveland, Ohio, and setting up a brand new sub-station in the Coastal South East. There are people out there with the desire and skills to report on the fights of their region, and we want those people to report on those fights for Cage Nation TV. Right now, we have Cage Nation TV and Cage Nation: South; we want to have programs like Cage Nation: Texas, and Cage Nation: Southern California. If you live in an area where you think you can report on regular MMA, get a hold of us right away. To those reporters and video personalities, the channel has already been built and the audience is already there, let us put our brand to work for you! As far as a creator perspective goes, the pieces and videos created are the property of those authors and videographers, we just want the ability to display them through our media channels.
Cage Nation TV wants to grow, and we want you to grow with it!